Matt Simmons was on Bloomberg earlier, adding some additional perspective to his original appearance on the station, in which he initially endorsed the nuclear option as the only viable way to resolve the oil spill.
Simmons refutes even the latest oil spill estimate of 45,000-60,000 barrels per day, and in quoting research by the Thomas Jefferson research vessel which was compiled late on Sunday, quantifies the leak at 120,000 bpd.
What is scarier is that according to the Jefferson the oil lake underneath the surface of the water could be covering up to 40% of the entire Gulf of Mexico.
Simmons also says that as the leak has no casing, a relief well will not work, and the only possible resolution is, as he said previously, to use a small nuclear explosion to convert the rock to glass.
Simmons concludes that as punishment for BP’s arrogance and stupidity the government “will take all their cash.” Now if only our own administration could tell us the truth about what is really happening in the gulf…
- Demon George Soros Comes Out of Shadows, Openly Lashes Out at Trump
- State of emergency declared in California, 105000 oil gallons leaked
- Bodies Of US Soldiers Killed In Ukraine Float Ashore In Florida
- Breached pipeline spills up to 50,000 gallons of oil into Yellowstone River
- Israel owes Lebanon $850 milion for oil spill - UN